FORMAT News: Invitation to apply for Artist Residency in China
FORMAT welcomes applications from any UK based artist for this amazing opportunity: an all-expenses paid 6-8 week artist residency at the Tank Loft Studio, Sichuan Fine Art Institute, Chongqing, China, organised by QUAD and Xu Space.
Deadline: Midnight 11 August
The successful artist will have their own studio at Tank Loft on the campus of Sichuan Fine Art Institute, Chongqing and the opportunity to have an exhibition at the 501 Xu Art Space.
The residency will be largely self-directed, so the selected artist needs to be proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and good at organising their own schedule. Experience of running workshops will also be useful.
For the first two weeks of this programme the artist will be accompanied by QUAD Programme Assistant, Laura O’Leary, and additional support will be provided by Mr YanYan, a leading artist and educator based in Chongqing
The Residency includes:
- Accommodation in an apartment in Chongqing, China
- Return flights from the UK to China (departing around 21st October)
- Stipend for food (anticipated to be 50 yuan per day equivalent to £6 per day)
- Opportunity to deliver a paid workshop to Sichuan Fine Art Institute students (1000 yuan)
- An exhibition/sharing at the end of the residency
- Materials as relevant
- Some local travel
Please note the artist is expected to arrange their own:
- Travel Insurance
- Some meals/materials
To apply, please provide the following in a single PDF:
- Artist CV (up to two sides of A4)
- Artist Statement (up to one 500 words)
- An outline explaining how you think this residency will develop your practice, including details of any previous workshop experience (up to 500 words)
- Up to six examples of recent work/series, with title, medium, dimensions, and relevant links