Junction Arts: Book your lantern workshop!
Come along and create your very own willow and tissue paper lantern for this years Bolsover Lantern Parade.
This year we are operating a booking system to ensure social distancing and a safe number of people at workshops. There is a morning and afternoon session, we recommend that people book no more than two sessions to allow others opportunity.
- Saturday 6th November: Morning Slot 10am – 1pm / Afternoon Slot 1pm – 4pm
- Sunday 7th November: Morning Slot 10am – 1pm / Afternoon Slot 1pm – 4pm
- Saturday 13th November: Morning Slot 10am – 1pm / Afternoon Slot 1pm – 4pm
- Sunday 14th November: Morning Slot 10am – 1pm / Afternoon Slot 1pm – 4pm
- Saturday 20th November: Morning Slot 10am – 1pm / Afternoon Slot 1pm – 4pm
- Sunday 21st November: Morning Slot 10am – 1pm / Afternoon Slot 1pm – 4pm
To book you place please visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bolsover-lantern-making-workshops-tickets-181664713047
You can also Click and Collect:
There will be opportunity to click and collect materials 10am-4pm to make a lantern at home. Please pre-book here.
We are charging 70p per person when booking online, to secure your place and encourage attendance. Around 10% of the fee will support Junction Arts’ work as a charity. We do have subsidised places available so if the fee is a financial problem please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org / 01246 209219.
You will be expected to pay for your lantern on the day of the workshop.
- Small lanterns: £5 including light
- Medium lanterns: £10
- Large (pro) lanterns: £20
Please have an idea of what you want to make when you arrive, there is no theme for the parade, your lantern can be anything!
Sessions will be capped at 36 people, roughly 5 people around each table. Therefore, please be mindful of your group size when booking. If you can no longer attend a workshops please cancel your booking and request a refund.
As always our workshops will be staffed by an artist, lantern assistant, Junction Arts staff and volunteers. All of whom will be carrying out regular Covid-19 testing, we advise you to do the same. Workshops will be well ventilated with open windows and doors so please dress accordingly. Please do not attend workshops if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
Workshops are wheelchair accessible, there is a lift in the building. Please get in contact with us if you have any questions about accessibility.