NOT WORDS - How Sometimes words fail but art and image speak
Made possible by money raised by National Lottery players.
It will explore the visual legacy of local suffragettes such as Marjorie Hamilton and how this contributed to the strong images used by women war artists in WW1. We will explore the link between Derbyshire and surrounding areas and the national suffrage campaign and how poorly educated women workers developed strong visual symbolism to promote their cause.
Research will be shared through development of a play with a visual artist providing images.
This project will give you and other groups the chance to
· Research and share local stories and their national importance
· Work with heritage and performance practitioners
· Development and embed local skills
· Work in an intergenerational setting to creatively engage with other groups
· Participate in drawing and art workshops
· Use your venue as an exhibition space.
· Have the performance at your venue.
As a supporter we would like to invite you and any interested members of your groups and organisations to the official launch of
MARCH 8TH (International Women’s Day)
Please let us know if you can come by email or phone.