Book now! Accessibility Conference
The Access Exchange Conference is a special, one day conference bringing together local and national experts in accessible tourism and the tourism industry. Supported by Marketing Peak District & Derbyshire through the European Regional Development Fund, book now to join us.
Following last year's highly successful event, the Access Exchange returns to the Proact Stadium this year! The purple pound is worth £12.4 billion to the English visitor economy, join us to find out how to make your business more accessible.
The aim of the day is to create an even more accessible destination.
Included in this one day conference is a complementary two course lunch and lots of opportunities to network.
During the event you will have the opportunity to:
· Learn from national experts in accessibility and pick up ‘Top Tips'
· Hear about the many exciting accessibility projects that are happening across Derbyshire and the Peak District
· Browse and try out a range of products and services that can improve your accessibility further
· Understand how improving your accessibility will improve your bottom line
· Promote and share your business, service, accessibility projects and plans, and learn ways to market your accessibility effectively
· Meet Accessible Derbyshire: the unique charity that can help with funding
· Improve your confidence in welcoming people with access needs
· Develop some next steps to improve accessibility in the area
· Collaborate, create new partnerships and celebrate success!
Speakers already confirmed for the day include:
· Ross Calladine, Head of Business Support at VisitEngland and an accessible tourism expert who will share the latest national developments in accessible tourism.
· Trizia Wells, Inclusion Manager at the award-winning National Museum of Childhood: Eureka!. Trizia will share her top tips for creating an accessible attraction.
· Dan Smith, Head of Creative Design at Motionspot, who will give us his insights into what makes dementia friendly design.
· Felicity and David Brown, owners of Hoe Grange, who will talk about how to create accessible holiday accommodation.
During the afternoon there will be a series of ‘have a go’ workshop sessions where you will have the opportunity to experience for yourselves some of the incredible, accessible facilities and services which are on the market.
The conference is being run by Access For All UK: the consultancy arm of Accessible Derbyshire. Places on the conference are limited and are being funded by Marketing Peak District and Derbyshire through the European Regional Development Fund. Therefore, the event is free to attend for visitor economy businesses within Derbyshire. A two-course lunch and refreshments are included.
This workshop is free for visitor economy businesses based in Derbyshire to attend as it is funded by the European Regional Development Fund through our Developing and Growing the Visitor Economy within Derbyshire project. Attendance will require you to complete an eligibility application form prior to attendance. By booking on to the workshop you are agreeing to attend, should you be unable to attend, failure to cancel your booking within 48 hours of the workshop will result in an invoice for £250 + VAT per person; the commercial cost of the session.