Taking Flight New Writing Competition – We want to hear your stories
After a successful launch in February 2017, Red Dragonfly Productions in association with Grist to the Mill are running Taking Flight Festival 2018 and are looking for new and emerging writers from British East Asian, South Asian and South East Asian communities who are interested in contributing and sharing their contemporary and traditional stories.
Successful applicants will be invited to a free workshop and from that three applicants will be selected to have their plays produced and performed in our festival in July 2018.
There will be a £1000 fee paid to each writer whose play is performed at the festival. Red Dragonfly and in-house dramaturge, Ross Ericson, will support you throughout your script development.
- Applicants must be over eighteen and UK based
- Submit pitch/idea/story to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for submission is 1st October 2017
- There is no entry fee
- Previous applicants are welcome to submit again
- Visit www.reddragonflyproductions.co.uk for criteria and more information
Taking Flight New Writing Festival 2018 is supported using public funding by Arts Council England.