Booked to attend the Manufacturing and Engineering Conference 2020 yet?
East Midlands Manufacturing and Engineering Conference: Sustainable Manufacturing – 17 March, The Roundhouse, Derby
We are pleased to announce the full agenda for our annual Manufacturing and Engineering Conference.
This year’s conference will focus on the strategies, efficiencies and support available to business which will enable the creation of manufactured products in a way that reduces pollution, energy use and looks to reduce waste, whilst remaining economically viable and competitive.
With its manufacturing heritage, innovative business and academic base, the East Midlands has the raw ingredients to be at the forefront of driving forward the future of sustainable manufacturing and in transitioning to a low carbon economy.
Sometimes described as the three “P’s” (People, Profit, Planet) – the conference will explore, through a range of keynote presentations and panel discussions, the elements that will ensure the East Midlands is at the forefront of the national and international drive to operate in increasingly more environmentally manner, along with exploring the associated business benefits.
Topics will include:
- Progressing the next steps for a productive, resilient and resource-efficient future
- Circularity principles and lean-green approaches is supply chain and manufacturing
- Linking environmental impact to financial stability and risk
- Delivering a sustainable business model, the business case - Toyota Motor Manufacturing
- Delivering the skills required to develop a more sustainable and environmentally friendly business model
Speakers and panellists include representation from: